It’s Summer Car Maintenance Time!
The extreme heat and dust in Scottsdale can significantly impact your vehicle’s performance. Check the following components to ensure vehicle performance.
- Battery: Heat shortens the life of your battery leading to car starting failure.
- Air Filter: Dust clogs air filters and prevents the engine from breathing. This can not only affect loss of engine power, but results in poor gas mileage.
- Oil: Choose the right oil and have it changed according to manufacturer recommendations.
- Air Conditioning: Have you’re a/c checked annually. A technician will examine your belts and hoses and check air volume and temperature.
- Coolant: Having the correct amount is necessary, because it helps cool your engine. Proactive measures will help you avoid costly repairs.
- Tire Pressure: Tires loose more than two pounds of air a month during the summer. Taking proper care of your tires will prolong tread life by as much as 50%!
- Windshield Wiper Blades: Replacement is necessary more often in the valley compared to other parts of the country because they dry out and deteriorate due to our climate.
If you are unable to check these components yourself, call Airpark Collision Center and schedule your vehicle’s summer check up!