Which Body Shop Provides the Best Collision Repair Service?
If you are reading this blog, you are probably in need of collision repair. Now the hunt to find the right body shop begins! I am well aware that some auto body shops over the years have stained the industry with practices of dishonesty. I am here to tell you that a lot has changed. Sure, some of these shops still exist but many collision repair facilities are really trying to change that perception. Below I will answer some common questions and provide some tips to help you choose the best body shop in Scottsdale.
Do I have to use the collision repair shop my insurance recommended?
No, you have the right to choose the best Scottsdale auto body shop for your vehicle. The claims representative will hard steer you; sometimes scaring you by saying they will stand behind the repairs if something goes wrong. This is false, the collision repair facility stands behind the repairs. Remember the insurance company is concerned with controlling the cost of repair, a customer is concerned with a quality repair. Do a little homework and make the right choice for you and your vehicle.
What should I look for when choosing a collision repair shop?
- Look for I-Car Gold Certification. This certification is most important because it ensures the facility’s technicians receive annual training and have the skills to work on today’s advanced vehicles.
- Lifetime Labor Warranty – If skilled technicians worked on your vehicle it should be repaired correctly. If a problem does arise, the collision repair facility will stand behind their work and correct the issue.
- Years in Business – Will they be there to honor the lifetime labor guarantee in 5, 10 years?
- Reviews on Multiple Platforms – In my opinion, good reviews on a Facebook page are not enough. I like to see a wide range of customer reviews on various sites like Google, Yelp, Angie’s List etc.
- Diagnostic Scanning – A good auto body shop will pre and post scan vehicles. Today’s vehicles are equipped with multiple sensors, safety features and technology. During impact these components are shaken and may not be working properly or at all. Repairing a fender or bumper doesn’t mean the rest of your vehicle is in working order. Diagnostic scanning ensures a complete and safe repair.
Can an auto body shop charge storage fees?
Yes. Keep in mind, once a car is finished it should be picked up, storing cars prevents the business from taking in another vehicle repair thus resulting in a loss of revenue. If you are unable to pick up your vehicle shortly after the repair is complete you should notify the collision repair facility before dropping off. An honest auto body shop is usually reasonable and may allow a couple of days without charge.
Can I have my damaged parts returned to me?
Yes, an honest collision center will have no problem with this request. Make sure to ask at time of drop off.
Should I get multiple estimates?
If you are paying out of pocket, yes. But proceed with caution, you should be comparing what labor or parts are written on the estimate. Do not just look at the price, you will want an apples to apples comparison. One shop may write to repair a dent while another will write to replace the part. Feel free to ask questions, a reputable body shop with good customer service will not have a problem explaining why this is the right way to repair your vehicle.
If you are using insurance, I would encourage you to have more than one Scottsdale body shop assess the damage. Since the cost to you will be the same at either facility, you might as well choose the auto body shop that treats you in a professional manner and has a reputation for quality work.
Watch out for:
- Saving deductibles. Think about this…No business is willing to loose $500 or a $1000 just to gain a customer. Something on the repair plan that should be repaired or replaced may not be getting done to your car. Good, honest, reliable auto body shops do not have to implement these gimmicks.
- Cheap complete paint jobs. Painting a complete car is a labor intensive process and quality paint and materials should be used. Consider the value of your car, it may be wiser to skip the paint job than spend a small amount of money and have peeling paint in a year.
- Cash discounts. Honest auto body shops play by the rules. There should be no discounts for a cash transaction. If they are unethical on this front, what else are they doing?
Airpark Collision Center opened in 2006, as an I-Car Gold certified shop, extending each customer a lifetime labor warranty. The key to our success is actually very simple, honest practices, professionalism and quality repairs. Our reviews provide evidence that we consistently prioritize customer service and quality collision repair. Please stop in or click here for a quick estimate!