Who is Repairing my Vehicle?
Our Qualified Technicians
- All of our Scottsdale collision repair master technicians have worked in the industry for a minimum of 10-15 years benefiting Airpark Collision Center’s customers with knowledge, problem-solving, and levels of skill that only comes from continued practice.
- Our auto body repair technicians not only have experience but participate in annual training that is required to work on today’s advanced vehicles equipped with technology and constructed from newer vehicle materials such as aluminum.
Technology, safety features, and collision repair methods are consistently improving and our technicians are always prepared.
Our Refinish Technicians
Our refinishing department technicians are regularly visited by our auto refinishing vendor who provides our professional facility with premium eco-friendly, water-based PPG paint. PPG has involvement at almost every manufacturing facility-from Hyundai to Mercedes-Benz to Ferrari. We use the highest grade of PPG auto refinishing products to ensure the most accurate color matching!
Our Car Washer
We shared information about our Scottsdale auto body repair technicians, but our car washer/lot attendant deserves some recognition too! This dedicated staffer cleans the interior and exterior of approximately 90 cars a month. While Airpark Collision Center does not offer a complete auto detail, we do a pretty nice job with a complementary interior/exterior vehicle clean-up.
How do you assign jobs?
While some facilities prioritize speed and assign to the first available technician, Airpark Collision Center assigns according to strengths and certified technician roles.
- Some technicians are very good at aluminum repair, requiring different tools and repair methods than working with steel. Typically these technicians also work on severe collision damage and frames/unibodies. Their training is mostly in structural repair. Read more about our major collision repair.
- Other technicians produce excellent body filler repair work. They are also experts utilizing our plastic welder for bumper repair and make other non-structural auto body repairs. Their training and experience consist of these types of repairs. Read more about our minor collision repair.
How long does it take to paint a car?
Painting a car is a more timely process than one might think. Of course, the size of the job is a significant factor. However, even a small job requires following the proper steps.
- Masking (protect the non damaged part of the vehicle)
- Prepare the surface (sanding, priming)
- Color mixing and tinting
- Spray 1, 2, or 3 stage paint and bake
- Clear coat, bake again
Read more about our paint refinish services.
What can Airpark Collision Center customers expect?
- Initial Estimate written based on visible damage
- Updated estimate after disassembly (supplement)
- Follow OEM or industry-standard collision repair procedures
- Premium materials used, including paint, filler, 3M tape and sand paper, etc. It makes a difference!
- Paint specific parts of the vehicle and then reassemble (to eliminate edges and future peeling)
- Fair prices, not cheap. There is a cost to premium materials and labor time needed to complete a job the right way.
- Diagnostic scans (Pre and Post)
- Final quality check
Are you collision repair certified?
Yes, Airpark Collision Center is both industry certified and OEM certified by several manufacturers. In addition, we are aluminum repair certified.
What does it mean to be certified?
The most important certification is the industry certification (I-Car). Without an annual I -Car Gold Class certification a collision repair facility is unable to earn any OEM certifications. Almost every OEM requires the same equipment and recommends or requires diagnostic scanning.
- Required specific equipment to measure, pull or weld today’s vehicles
- Mandatory annual inspections of equipment
- Mandatory annual technician training
- Mandatory technician welding classes and certification
Airpark Collision Center has a long history of working on high-end vehicles like BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Lexus, etc along with several domestic and foreign brands of vehicles.
What services does Airpark Collision Center offer?
Airpark Collision Center is a full-service Scottsdale auto body repair facility and that means we repair everything from small dents and scratches to major collision damage. However some services we leave to the specialists.
If a vehicle needs alignment, window tint, paintless dent repair, or specific mechanical work we use trusted vendors. While some Scottsdale collision repair shops like to keep the business in-house, we would rather use a specialist in each field.
Many of the specialists we use do not work directly with the public. They are very good at what they do and only work with dealers and professional Scottsdale auto body repair shops. Most of these vendors come to us and complete the work in our facility.
Our paintless dent repair technician is able to remove qualifying dents with barely any trace of repair. He will tell a customer if he thinks it cannot be repaired to their satisfaction and recommend traditional auto body repair. Check out more info on PDR.
The customer benefit of having PDR at our collision repair facility is that a PDR tech is able to access various dents by asking one of our technicians to remove a panel. Something, a mobile PDR tech cannot do, and certainly not the guy removing dents in the Home Depot parking lot-but that is another topic!
- The clear bra and pin-striping company also completes work at our Scottsdale auto body repair shop. Some of the more expensive vehicles have painted pinstripes. Watching a technician do this by hand with a brush and no pattern or template is really amazing!
Depending on the age of the vehicle, most vehicles can be scanned pre and post-repair. Read more info on diagnostic scans.
Pre-scans allow for a more complete picture of the damage. Post scans provide the data we need to ensure that all components (especially safety features) are performing as expected.
- We work with every insurance company but only choose to be a direct provider for customer oriented insurance companies.
- Check out our reviews on multiple platforms, Google, Yelp, FB, Car Wise, independent third party-Customer Lobby
Awards: Yelp, Angie’s List, Best of Scottsdale 2020
Airpark Collision Center in a Nutshell:
If you have googled Airpark Collision Center and researched us a bit, you know quality is our number one priority! Our focus on the end result is considered every time we choose a product or technician. Each Scottsdale auto body repair facility is known for “something” we choose to be known for a great customer experience and a job well done. Feel free to stop in for an estimate or click here!